Person sitting at a laptop

Please Note: The Complaint Portal will be offline for maintenance from Fri Nov 24 10:00 PM EST to Sat Nov 25 07:00 AM EST. Any information being entered when the Portal is taken off-line will be lost.

File a Civil Rights Complaint

If you believe that you have been discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex or religion by a health care or human services provider (such as a hospital, nursing home, social service agency) or by a State or local government health or human services agency, you may file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR). You may file a complaint for yourself or for someone else.

Federal Health Care Provider Conscience Protections
If you believe your rights under the federal health care conscience provider protection statutes have been violated, you may file a complaint with OCR. You may file a complaint for yourself or for someone else.

File a Health Information Privacy Complaint

File a Security Rule Violation Complaint

If you believe that a covered entity violated your (or someone else's) health information privacy rights or committed another violation of the Privacy or Security Rule, you may file a complaint with OCR. OCR can investigate complaints against covered entities and their business associates.

If you need help filing a civil rights or health information privacy complaint, please email OCR at or call 1-800-368-1019. We provide alternative formats (such as Braille and large print), auxiliary aids and services (such as a relay service), and language assistance.

If you need other information on this web site translated or provided in alternative formats, please email us at

U.S. Department of Health & Human Services - 200 Independence Avenue, S.W. - Washington, D.C. 20201
OCR Portal CS10.5 Production Server (Port1). Build Date: 11/15/2017 23:18